Chelsie & Dave

Chelsie & Dave

Trying something new...

I never thought of myself as a blogger, but I decided I'm going to start using blogging as a way to stay connected with friends and family and as a way to share recipes that will hopefully help some of my newly married friends. I really want to try new recipes, and chat with all of you about some of your favorite recipes. Some of my friends tell me they wish they could cook like me, and while I don't think of myself as an expert, I am happy to share anything I can to help expand your talents in the kitchen. Enjoy and feel free to share anything--likes, dislikes, successes, and even disasters!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lately...

Lately I have been struggling to find new hobbies, and to make time to try new things and to re-try things I used to enjoy doing a lot.  I've thought about things I like to do, and the most obvious answer is that I like to spend time talking on the phone to friends.  During recent conversations frequent topics of discussion have been focused on food and more specifically the question "What do I make for dinner tonight?"  It seems like that is the question on my mind as well.  I was blessed to have a mother that did a lot of cooking and utilized food storage and spent a ton of time teaching me how to cook delicious food--for eight people.  Now the struggle is knowing how to cook for two people.  Today I realized something amazing...trying new recipes is a new hobby I have discovered over the last few months!!!  I think half of the fun is in finding new recipes!  I know that some of you don't agree, so that's why I'm going to combine my two hobbies of trying new recipes and talking to friends. 

1 comment:

  1. I hit this same dilemma when Wes and I got married. I had no idea how to cook at all!! We ate spaghetti at least twice a week (to this day, Wes still doesn't like spaghetti!) so I started a recipe blog! It is a great way to share recipes and to keep track of the ones you have. I have a real problem with losing them once I find them. So, if you want some ideas to get started, my blog is http://nickisrecipies.blogspot.com. There is also a link on our family blog to it! Have fun blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete