Chelsie & Dave

Chelsie & Dave

Trying something new...

I never thought of myself as a blogger, but I decided I'm going to start using blogging as a way to stay connected with friends and family and as a way to share recipes that will hopefully help some of my newly married friends. I really want to try new recipes, and chat with all of you about some of your favorite recipes. Some of my friends tell me they wish they could cook like me, and while I don't think of myself as an expert, I am happy to share anything I can to help expand your talents in the kitchen. Enjoy and feel free to share anything--likes, dislikes, successes, and even disasters!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Quesadillas!!!! Say it with an accent it's more fun!

So the Rosemary chicken recipe was really yummy!! My favorite recipe from last week was the quesadillas we made. They were super fast and easy, but still really delicious and filling!

1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (we used a pizza blend)
1/2 cup prepared fresh salsa
2 tsp. canola oil, divided
1 ripe avacado, diced
Tortillas (I like to use 8 inch)

Mix beans, cheese, and salsa together and fill tortillas with mixture.  Fold tortillas in half and press together.  Add some oil to the skillet (butter works too, but the outsides will be more flaky). Cook quesadillas on each side until golden brown. 

We used the avacado to make guacamole, and put a little sour cream and salsa on top too!  I also wanted a quesadilla that was a little more filling so added rice.  I like to use minute rice, but instead of using water for the liquid like it says I like to use chicken broth (or beef).  This gives it a little more flavor.  We just covered half of the tortilla with the mix and then added a layer of rice on top.

1 comment: