Chelsie & Dave

Chelsie & Dave

Trying something new...

I never thought of myself as a blogger, but I decided I'm going to start using blogging as a way to stay connected with friends and family and as a way to share recipes that will hopefully help some of my newly married friends. I really want to try new recipes, and chat with all of you about some of your favorite recipes. Some of my friends tell me they wish they could cook like me, and while I don't think of myself as an expert, I am happy to share anything I can to help expand your talents in the kitchen. Enjoy and feel free to share anything--likes, dislikes, successes, and even disasters!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Marinated Rosemary Chicken

This is one of the recipes I found today on the Tase of Home website.  I'm excited to try it out at the end of this week. I plan to use frozen chicken breasts instead of a broiler chicken, and I probably won't microwave it before I grill it. 

1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
4 Tbsp. dried rosemary
1 3-lb. broiler/fryer chicken, remove skin and cut up

Directions
1-Combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic, and rosemary.  Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken.  Seal bag and trun to coat.  Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.  Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.

2-Drain and discard marinade.  Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coad the grill rack.  Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan.

3-Place chicken in an ungreased 13 X 9 inch microwave safe container.  Cover loosely and microwave on high for 6 minutes, rotating once.

4-Immediately place chicken over drip pan and grill covered, over indirect medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.

3 comments:

  1. I love Taste of Home! I am excited to try this one! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this recipe today! and i blogged about it on my blog haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! I love that we found the same recipe and I'm glad it was good! I saw 'rosemary' in the title and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete